Auto Insurance Information
Please scroll down to submit an OKLAHOMA AUTO INSURANCE quote or service request.
Things You Should Know About Auto Insurance
You Love Your Car.
We know you love your car and the last thing you want to worry about is your auto insurance. You probably already know something about car insurance. Still, we want to make sure you understand your auto insurance policy's different parts and how to choose the best coverage for you.
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy. An auto insurance policy contains up to seven different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements. Most auto policies are for six months or a year.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
Standard Coverage Options
- Liability - This coverage pays for accidental bodily injury and property damages to others when you are at fault in an accident. Injury damages include medical expenses, pain and suffering and lost wages. Property damage includes damaged property and automobiles.
- Collision - This coverage pays for damages to your vehicle caused by collision with another car or object. This coverage has a deductible.
- Comprehensive - This coverage pays for loss or damage to the insured vehicle that doesn't occur in an auto accident. The types of damages comprehensive insurance covers include loss caused by fire, wind, hail, flood, vandalism or theft. This coverage has a deductible.
- Medical Payments - Pays medical expenses for those in your car regardless of fault when an auto accident causes the costs.
- Uninsured/Uninsured Motorist - Pays your medical expenses, pain and suffering and lost wages when the driver who causes the accident is uninsured or does not carry enough liability insurance coverage.
- Rental Reimbursement - This type of coverage will pay for a rental car if your car is damaged due to an auto accident. Often this coverage has a daily allowance for a rental car.
- Roadside Assistance - So you're never stranded on the side of the road, this coverage differs by carrier. Generally, it provides towing, lock-out assistance, battery replacement and other assistance.
Understanding Liability Limits - How to Protect Yourself
Oklahoma law requires your auto insurance liability limits to be a minimum of:
- $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident for bodily injury
- $25,000 for property damage
Many Oklahoma drivers chose this level of coverage to save on the cost of their auto insurance. At MetroOKC Insurance we want you to know these limits are dangerously low and leave you open to significant out-of-pocket expense or lawsuits. Bluntly, how far does $25,000 go in a hospital these days? Or what happens if you are at-fault in an accident that totals a brand-new Lexus SUV and the cost to replace it well exceeds your $25,000 in property damage coverage?
We can show you how for only a few dollars more per month you can double or triple this level of coverage. An accident will not wipe out in an instant what you have worked so hard to achieve.
Optional Coverage Options
Auto insurance companies offer different endorsement coverage options such as:
- Gap Coverage
- New Car Replacement
- Accident Forgiveness
Please use the forms provided below to request a quote, or you can call (405) 603-2176 or contact us via EMAIL.
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.